Titan Safety Squat Olympic Bar V2 | Buying Guide
April 24th 2020
We will discuss why you should purchase the Titan Safety Squat Olympic Bar V2 for your home gym.
The first question you might have is why a safety squat bar, also known as the SSB?
One reason for this is that you might have seen some of the strongest athletes on Earth use the safety squat bar to train and shatter world records.
Whether in powerlifting or Strongman competitions, the safety squat bar has a tremendous carryover to many of these events - the barbell squat, the barbell deadlift, carrying events, loading events, Atlas stones, etc.
You have some of the best athletes, like Brian Shaw, Dave Tate, Westside athletes, Mark Bell, and Jim Wendler, to name a few, use this bar to work on their weaknesses while getting brute strong.
So, now that I have your attention, let us go into why the Titan Safety Squat Olympic Bar V2 has your name written on it…
Titan Safety Squat Olympic Bar V2 Specifications
- Capacity: 1500 lbs.
- Weight: 61 lbs.
- Overall length: 90 1/2-in
- Handle Spacing: 12 3/4-in
- Shoulder Pad Spacing: 8-in
- Bar Diameter: 1 1/2-in
- Loadable Sleeve Length: 16-in
- Camber Drop: 5-in
- Handle Angle: 22 Degrees
How much does the Titan safety squat bar weigh?
The titan safety squat Olympic bar v2 weighs 61lbs.
A typical safety squat bar should weigh between 65-70lbs in today’s market.
Where is Titan fitness equipment made?
Titan fitness equipment is made in the United States.
So, if you are a hardcore patriot and love your country, buying your equipment from Titan Fitness can be one way you show support to your citizens.
But you need to think about yourself as well.
You should also make sure that Titan Fitness has the quality and price you envision in your home gym.
Titan Safety Squat Olympic Bar V2 Cost
A Titan Safety Squat Olympic Bar V2 costs $219.99 (with free shipping)!
Why purchase the Titan Safety Squat Olympic Bar V2?
Titan Safety Squat Olympic Bar V2 Pros
- Titan has made an upgrade to its previous SSB and this version is considerably better in overall design, weight limit, and comfortability
- Has removable handles
- The vinyl covering is thick and durable
- The weight limit is 1500lbs, which is better than most of its competitors
- 6” long hand grips for comfort
- Balanced camber angle for a performance
- At least $200 cheaper than its competitors, like Rogue Fitness and EliteFTS
- Attentive customer service to address your concerns
Titan Safety Squat Olympic Bar V2 Cons
- Its chrome finish can get worn out quickly if you do not take care of your equipment
- May seem like a “copycat” version of the Elite SSB
What is the best safety squat bar?
The best safety squat bar should have the following qualities:
- Competitively priced
- Constructed with the best material, usually steel
- Durable coverings
- Thick and high-quality foam
- Crisp stitchings
- Good weldings
- Over a 1000lbs weight limit
- Small shoulder spacing so that it can fit comfortably, usually between 8-10”
- Average size hand grips, not too long or short
This should be a good list to follow and to check off as you consider what type of safety squat bar to purchase.
However, you need to be realistic and remember that this is an ideal list.
You should have some flexibility if you do decide that some conditions are mandatory.
Is a safety squat bar worth it?
The safety squat bar is 100% worth it if you desire the following things:
- Want to continue to functional training
- Carryover to your regular barbell squat and deadlift
- Need a secondary lower body movement that does not use a regular barbell
- A safe movement that targets the lower body development
- A safe movement to relieve stress on your shoulders, front delts, elbows and wrists
The safety squat bar (SSB) should be a great secondary bar after you purchase a regular Olympic barbell first.
How do you squat in SSB?
In this video, it should demonstrate the basics of how you should squat with the safety squat bar.
The price of this safety squat bar makes it a very attractive bar for its quality.
You will just be pulling teeth if you continue searching for another bar for a lower price.
So, what are you waiting for?
Get your Titan Safety Squat Bar V2 today!